He is a Kindle bestseller

— feeling what?!?

Here is the beginning of the article from The Hustle to whet your appetite:

So there’s a group of people who make a living churning out dozens of lowbrow Kindle books a month. I call them Kindle Gold Rushers. Some of them make hundreds of thousands of dollars selling ebooks on niche categories.

In this week’s story, we hear from one of the top selling Kindle Gold Rushers. He’s 26 years old, sells 6,000 books a month, and nets $150,000+ a year.

On the surface it’s a badass story of success: a young professional quits his job, becomes a self-published author, and earns six figures per year. Except for one thing: he doesn’t actually write the books he publishes. Instead, he has a team of outsourced writers and creatives who pump out dozens of books a year to game Amazon and dominate various book categories.

Part of me (about 95%) is disillusioned by this story, while the other part is pumped. One of my favorite books is Walden. Henry David Thoreau locked himself in a cabin for two years to create this masterpiece. That’s badass. But then, to see the guy in our story make a ton of money selling “eh” books, the hippie inside me thinks that’s f-ed up.

But the capitalist part of me? He’s jacked up and already scheming a way to become a rich as hell Kindle “author.”

But hey, there’s plenty of room in this world for both Hoobastank and The Beatles…so who am I to judge.

So here it is, without further ado: one man’s story of how he became a Kindle Gold Rusher.

To read his story, click on the link. It's very instructional. A bit scary too. Why do I even try to write good books, master grammar, sentence structure, and characterization, when there is a much simpler and sure-free way to make a living with my writing. As a reader, I'm disdainful. As a writer, I'm horrified. What do you think?

In the comments after the article, some people express their doubts at the truth of the entire story. I don't know if it's true or not, but it sounds plausible, and that's what frightens me.

Source: http://thehustle.co/underground-world-of-kindle-ebooks