Hero and heroine - partners

Siren's Call - Jayne Castle

I love this writer. She is reliable. Every time I pick up one of her books, I know what it will be about. I know I’ll enjoy it. I know it will be a few hours of pure escapist reading. And I know there will be no cliffhanger at the end. She writes series, yes, but each novel is a stand-alone, and you could read them in any order.

One aspect some reviewers complain about is that all the books of hers are similar stories, about the same characters but with different names. I agree, and it’s comforting to me to read just one more story about them. Her alpha males are always considerate and vulnerable. They never try to rape/abuse/dominate the heroine. They don’t drink or do drugs and they don’t have a criminal past. They are heroes and every woman’s dream.

Her heroines are courageous and feminine, solving their own problems but ready to offer their soft female heart to a deserving guy.

The guy and the gal are always equal partners, and that’s what attracts me the most. In this particular story, a part of the author’s ongoing futuristic romance series, there are singing dinosaurs and mysterious islands, villainous alien artifact dealers and underground jungle, and of course, the charming dust bunnies.

As always, it was a pleasure to read. I adore dust bunnies.