I enjoyed reading everyone's 21 Q&As, so here are mine:
1. Are you named after anyone?
Yes. My great aunt, my grandmother’s sister was Olga. She was a heroine of French resistance, killed by Gestapo in 1944, long before I was born. There is a monument to their resistance cell, with all the names inscribed on it (all killed), somewhere in France. Her name was Olga Bancic.
There is a wikipedia post about her: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olga_Bancic
A couple years ago, I also wrote an article about her for my newspaper: http://www.jewishindependent.ca/oldsite/archives/april13/archives13april05-05.html
2. When was the last time you cried?
When I read One Plus One by Jojo Moyes last month.
3. Do you have kids?
Yes, two: a son and a daughter.
4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?
I’m not sure. I don’t like myself much.
5. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
6. Will you ever bungee-jump?
No, no, no.
7. What’s your favorite cereal?
I don’t eat cereals.
8. What’s the first thing you notice about people?
Whether they’re clever or stupid. I dislike fools. Not nice of me, I know.
9. What is your eye colour?
10. Scary movie or happy endings?
Happy endings, definitely. I hate scary movies.
11. Favorite smells?
12. Summer or winter?
Summer. I don’t like cold.
13. Computer or television?
14. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home?
Probably Russia – it’s on the other side of the globe from Canada, where I live. But then, I was born in Russia, so Canada is the farthest from that.
15. Do you have any special talents?
I make up stories in my head. Always have.
16. Where were you born?
Kishinev, Moldavia, USSR
17. What are your hobbies?
Knitting, designing book covers, surfing Pinterest. And of course, reading.
18. Do you have any pets?
19. Favorite movie?
Victor and Victoria.
20. Do you have any siblings?
Yes, a younger sister.
21. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Well, I’m kinda grown up already, but later on – perhaps an author whose books people enjoy.